|Number of Elements:
|Standard Input (KW):
||Energy Star Rated
|Recovery 90°F Rise:
||6-Year Limited Tank/ 6-Year Limited on Component Parts
**This product qualifies for the Federal Tax Credit. Please see the bottom of this description for tax credit details.
The Cirrex Solar Water Heater System utilizes energy from the sun to provide hot water. Solar heating systems are composed of solar thermal collectors (panels) fastened to a roof facing the sun. The panel heats up a heat transfer fluid,which is pumped to a heat exchanger to transfer the energy to the water in the storage tank. The greater the volume of the tank and number of panels that are incorporated into the system, the more energy that can be captured from the sun.
If you've been looking for a way to live a "greener" lifestyle, installing the Cirrex system in your home is a great way to start. Consider the facts: with a 2.5 SEF (Solar Energy Factor) rating, a properly sized solar water heating system can provide up to 70% of the energy needed for heating water directly from the sun. The Cirrex is also ENERGY STAR® qualified, which means that it is eligible for many state and local rebate programs. Talk about a great impact on the environment and your wallet. The Cirrex is more than just a solar water heater- it's the ultimate solar thermal solution for every green lifestyle enthusiast. High efficiency ratings, long life, and a carbon footprint-reducing design are just a few things that make it an irresistible - not to mention wallet-friendly - choice for environmentally conscious homeowners.
Indirect solar booster water heaters are specially designed for installation as part of closed loop solar water heating system. They provide an energy-efficient supplementary source of water heating power and hot water storage to help maintain consistent water temperature during periods when the solar components cannot keep up with system demands.
- INTERNAL HEAT EXCHANGER: Single wall internal heat exchange coil for the most efficient heat transfer from solar panels. Suitable for propylene glycol heat transfer fluid with corrosion inhibitor.
- LONG-LASTING LOW-WATT DENSITY COPPER HEATING ELEMENT: Low-watt density design spreads wattage over larger surface area to prolong element life and maximize energy-efficiency. Prewired for surface mount temperature sensor (sensor supplied separately)
- 2 INCH-THICK ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY NON-CFC FOAM INSULATION FOR HIGH ENERGY-EFFICIENCY
- PERMAGLAS® GLASS TANK COATING: Patented PermaGlas lining helps maximize tank life against corrosion and buildup
- DYNACLEAN DIFFUSER DIP TUBE: Helps reduce lime and sediment buildup to maximize hot water output. Made from long-lasting PEX cross-linked polymer
- TWO COREGARD ANODE RODS: Primary and secondary magnesium anodes with stainless steel core protect tank against corrosion longer than ordinary anodes
- FACTORY INSTALLED CSA CERTIFIED AND ASME RATED T&P RELIEF VALVE
- DURABLE TAMPER-RESISTANT BRASS DRAIN VALVE
- PEX-LINED, HEAT TRAP NIPPLES FOR EFFICIENCY
**Federal Tax Credit Information:
The purchase and installation of this energy-efficient product in your home qualifies you for a Federal Tax Credit.
The 2010 tax credit is worth 30% of the item's total cost (including installation), up to a maximum of $1,500. The credit is applicable on products placed in service between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010 and installed in your primary residence.
The 2011 tax credit extension is worth 10% of the item's total cost up to of $500 (installation cost is not included). The credit is applicable on products placed in service between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011 and installed in your primary residence. There is a $500 cap for the 2011 tax credit extension, so if you have claimed $500 or more since January 1, 2005, you are not eligible for the credit. Additional caps have been placed on specific product categories, including a $300 cap for water heaters and a $150 cap for boilers.
To apply for the tax credit, you must file and submit the relevant tax forms. For products "placed in service" in 2011, you would take the tax credit on your 2011 income taxes. Remember to save your receipts and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for your records.
Please see Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency for additional information.